Thursday, January 23, 2020


Hi Parents!

Here is what we did today!

We did lunch. (Ariel)

We have been in school 92 days. (Leo)

George was the teacher assistant. (Avie)

We had play time. We had new board games like chess, Yeti in my Spaghetti, and lots of games. (Presley)

We did the calendar. (Jackson)

We did math workstations. (Liam)

Today for read aloud we read The Color of Us. It had lots of different skin colors in it. (Evie)

We did some more facts about Martin Luther King Jr. (Ellen)

For Fundations we wrote Q and R in our Fundations notebooks. (George)

We did the weather. (Phoebe)

We did math. We played Top It. You have to say 1,2,3 flip. Whoever has the biggest number gets the cards. (Cora)

We did counselor. We talked about how people can make mistakes. (Liam and Zellie)

We did closing meeting. (Lux)

We did writing time. We wrote facts about Dr. King. (Leo)

Parent teacher conferences will be the week of February 24th-28th. Typically, teachers try to keep the same day of the week and time as the fall conferences to make scheduling easier. Unfortunately, I have a doctor’s appoint that Wednesday the 26th so I will have to reschedule all Wednesday conferences. I’m sorry! I will contact you if you are one of these people. If you were scheduled the week before or after conferences in the fall, I will email you about picking a day/time during conference week. If your child was not here in the fall, I will also email you personally about setting up a day and time.
If you would prefer an 11 am or 1 pm conference that week, please let me know! I would love to get some scheduled for during the day! If you prefer a before school time, I might be able to squeeze in a couple 7:45 am conferences as well. Please let me know if your original day of the week and time does not work. I have attached the fall schedule. I will begin working on the new schedule next week so please send me your preferences!
Thank you!!

Have a great night! I hope we have school tomorrow!