Tuesday, September 10, 2019


Hi Parents!

Here is what we did today!

We did snack time. (Cora)

We ate donuts because Mrs. Hotchkiss is going to have a baby! (Caleb) We read a book called Brown Bear’s Wonderful Secret and they guessed it right! I am due March 10th.

Mrs. Hotchkiss is pregnant!! (Avie)

We ate lunch. (Leo)

We made mini books. It was I Like My School Shoes. We colored the shoes. (Jackson) We practiced reading color words!

We went outside. (Ellen)

We did P.E. (Lux)

We wrote on the whiteboards. We wrote i and u. (Evie)

We did Olivia’s name poster. (Zellie)

We sorted 5 year olds and 6 year olds. (Phoebe) The kids each put their picture on the 5 or 6 year old side of a chart. We talked about graphing and efficient ways of counting (lining up the cards, counting from left to right, top to bottom, touching each one and saying the number, etc.)

We did the line rhyme. (George)

Today was the 16th day of school. (Jesse)

We read Pete the Cat Rockin in his School Shoes. (Presley)

Today is my birthday! (Logan)

We drew Olivia. (Sophie)

We are about to pack up for home. (Sarah)

Help Wanted with Independence!
We are on our 4th week of school I am asking for your help in fostering independence in your kindergartener. I already have so many kiddos who are walking the classroom on their own, putting their own folder away, etc. but I would love to see all of them doing so. I know this may be a little challenging for some, so I encourage you to start by stopping at the middle hallway and gradually moving further back. Kindergarten is all about gaining independence and this is a great first step. I promise they can do it and I will be here to help! Thanks for your help!

Have a wonderful night!!